Sunday, May 15, 2011

I am not Catholic

I grew up Buddhist with parents who didn't really practice Buddhism. Instead, I grew up wondering about churches and Jesus.  As I grew older I wanted to learn Hebrew and study the Torah.  When I went to college, I became a born-again Christian (the kind that was evangelical), but secretly studied Islam and wanted to know about the Kabbalah.  Confused?  NO!  I just wanted to know it all.  No doubt, I've learned everything from Wicca to Kriya Yoga. Being on the path to learning and striving to learn about God, I did narrow it down to Christianity as the preferred choice of faith.  I incorporate meditation and prayer every day. 

Although I am currently active in a Protestant church, I am very drawn to the Catholic traditions.  Superficially, I love the sanctuaries and altars that represent glory and a physical place on which to focus and display my intent.  But then again, I realized that even as a child, I have always been the type to love and honor sanctuaries and altars.  Beginning May 1st, I created an altar for the Blessed Mother Mary.  I have always been drawn to her and to this day am very curious about her.  I created it to simply honor her, but also because I began the 54 Day Rosary Novena as I am praying for one specific thing.  It's a doozy of a prayer request.  I normally pray at night and tonight is #7.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone prays for different things and prays differently. Please respect it.